What has been your favorite activity/project this year?
- My favorite activities have been Merry Marketplace, my community shift at Su Casa and working the sustainer activity at the CRC.
Why did you get involved in the JLM?
- My great colleagues! Both Bethany McRae and Lauren Price spoke so highly of the League and all that it offered. As a new Memphian, I was looking for an opportunity to get involved within a structured organization of women.
What have you learned from being a member of the JLM?
- I have learned that there are a lot of underrepresented communities that need our assistance, and, unfortunately, we can’t do it all. I have also learned how to be more flexible with my schedule and still complete all the tasks at hand. Finally, I have learned that there are women just as Type A and just as enthusiastic about serving as I am. It is impressive to be amongst a group of women like that.
What are you passionate about in the community and in JLM?
- I am very interested in the interworking of the League. My background is in communications and public policy, and as a subject matter expert in the field, I am passionate about sharing that expertise. I am looking forward to working on the AJLI conference to learn more!
What’s been your favorite GMM location and/or speaker?
- My favorite speaker hands down is Sally Pace. Her matriculation in her career and the League are a blueprint for me. Amazing!
What is your occupation?
- Liaison for Issues Management
Who has inspired you in your career/field?
- I have been inspired by many women; Stephanie Tubbs Jones, Julianne Malveaux, Sara Hall and Emily Callahan, to name a few.
What is your favorite Memphis restaurant?
- Golden India. I LOVE Indian food. Plus the owner is adorbs.
Who’s your favorite sports team?
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But since I am in Memphis…Go Grizz!
What is your favorite quote?
- “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” Maya Angelou
What is the last book you read and would recommend?
- Looking On Me by Katrina McGhee